Benefits of Cycling
In today’s world, people are spending thousands of dollars, sweating for hours in gyms and what not to remain physically active and get the desired shape. We know how important physical activities are. They can protect you from several diseases such as obesity, heart diseases, cancer, diabetes, arthritis, and so many others. We can state one solution to remain physically active and fit by merely taking out an hour of your schedule and invest it in an activity that might sound outdated to you – Cycling.
Yes, you heard it right! It might sound like an outdated or a boring activity for the people who live in a world as fast-paced as ours. But believe us when we say cycling is one of the best ways to reduce the risk of health problems associated with prevalent lifestyle.
Cycling is a healthy exercise that can be practiced and enjoyed by people of all age groups, be it young or old, man or woman, anyone could be cycling. Looking for some good men’s bicycles options? It is not only cheap, it is fun and also environment-friendly. Riding a bicycle is really easy to incorporate in your schedule. You could easily ditch your car or bike if you want to travel to shorter distances.
Cycling for health and fitness
- Low impact exercise– Cycling does not cause any strain and injuries like many other exercises.
- Good muscle workout– Cycling puts to use most of the major muscle groups.
- Easy to practice– Cycling does not require high levels of physical skill sets. So it is easy to learn and once you learn how to ride it, you don’t forget it
- Stamina and strength building– Cycling improves the stamina, strength and aerobic fitness
- Intensity– The intensity depends upon you. You could start it as a low-intensity activity and make it rigorous and turn it into a demanding physical work out.
- Fun– You don’t need special places or times to cycle. You could ride a cycle at any time of the day anywhere which makes it fun and time-efficient. With all the customize bikes available in the market, cycling has just become more fun!
Health Benefits of Regular Cycling
Cycling comes under aerobic activity which means that your heart, lungs and blood vessels all get a workout. You breather deeper, sweat and experience an increased body temperature during cycling, which assists in improving your overall fitness.
The benefits of regular cycling include:-
- Decreased body fat
- Decreased stress levels
- Improved posture and coordination
- Increased muscle strength and flexibility
- Increased cardiovascular fitness
- Better joints mobility
- Better lung health
- Cuts heart disease and cancer risk
- Boosts brain power
- Strengthens your immune system
Curing specific health through cycling
Cycling is one of the most effective ways to control or reduce weight as it leads to a high metabolic rate, helps in burning fats and also builds muscle. If you plan on reducing a few pounds, you should incorporate cycling as a constant in your exercise routine combined with healthy eating.
Studies show that you should burn at least 2,000 calories in a week through exercise whereas another study showed that steady cycling helps in burning about 300 calories per hour!
Many researchers have studied the impact of exercise and cancer, especially breast and colon cancer. Studies show that if you cycle, the chance of bowel cancer is reduced and also that regular cycling has led to a decreased risk of breast cancer.
Lack of physical exercise is a major reason behind Diabetes type 2, whose rate is increasing rapidly. People who cycle for more than 30 minutes per day have a 40 percent lower risk of developing diabetes.
- Arthritis and bone injuries
Cycling is a physical exercise that also has mental effects. It helps in improving the coordination and balance, which in turn helps to prevent falls and fractures. Riding a cycle is an ideal form of exercise if you have arthritis because it is a low impact exercise and does not put any extra strain on any bones or muscle.
- Depression and mental illness
Mental health conditions like depression, stress and anxiety can be reduced by regular cycling. Exercises are known to put people in a better mood but the thing with cycling is the relaxed and fun experience that it gives.
With so many benefits listed, one thing is sure, I’m putting my big man’s bicycle to use and going for a ride! Who wouldn’t like to incorporate an exercise as easy as this in their schedule and reap its benefits on daily basis?