10 Home Remedies for a Toothache
Toothaches cause great discomfort and can vary from mild soreness to an unbearable throbbing pain in your teeth or around your jaws. Some of the major reasons of toothaches are cavities, an exposed tooth root, a cracked tooth, an infection, gum disease, a loose filling, or jaw joint disorder. There are various home remedies for a toothache.
When the central region of the tooth, also known as the pulp, becomes irritated or inflamed, it leads to a toothache. The pulp consists of a number of nerve endings that are highly sensitive in nature. Pulp can become inflamed or irritated due to numerous reasons, some of which have been stated above.
In case you have a toothache, the best solution is to go for a proper dental check-up before the problem worsens. However, there a few natural remedies that you can try to dull the pain temporarily.
Here are the ones that top the list to ease you of the terrible pain-
1. Pepper and Salt
As both, salt, as well as pepper, have antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, they can come in handy in relieving toothache. The combination combats bacteria that otherwise can cause serious harm.
STEP 1. Take equal amounts of pepper and common salt and add a few drops of water to turn it into a paste.
STEP 2. Apply this paste directly on the affected area and leave it for a couple of minutes.
STEP 3.Repeat it for several days.
Use of garlic can ease you out of the dull, throbbing pain in your teeth. It has antibiotic as well as numerous medicinal properties, which makes it an effective yet easily available solution.
- Take a crushed garlic or a little garlic powder and mix it with a small amount of table salt or black salt to obtain a paste.
- Apply it on the area that is affected with toothache in order to alleviate the pain. You can chew a clove of garlic or two in order to get relief.
- Repeat it for several days for best articles.
Known for their anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antioxidant and anesthetic properties cloves help in reducing the tooth pain and also in fighting tooth infection.
Onions are recommended for a toothache as they have antiseptic and antimicrobial qualities. Due to this, it reduces inflammation, kills the germs that cause infection and provide relief.
- As soon as a toothache shows its first signs, chew an onion for a couple of minutes.
- You can also place a piece of raw onion directly on the affected tooth or gum if you are not able to chew it.
Asafetida has proved itself as an effective remedy for a variety of dental problems ranging from toothaches to bleeding gums.
- Take a pinch or around a half teaspoon of asafetida in powdered form and add it to two teaspoons of lemon juice and then heat it until it is slightly warm. Using a cotton pad, apply the solution on the tooth or gum which is affected. This gives a quick.
- You can also fry asafetida in a little bit of clarified butter and then apply on the tooth cavity for instant relief.
6. Warm Salt Water
Getting rid of a toothache is as easy as warming water and adding salt to it. Quite literally!
Take half a spoon of common salt available at home and add it to a glass of hot water. Use it for rinsing your mouth in and out. Repeat this exercise twice a day for best results.
Warm water fights bacteria, and hence reduces inflammation and swelling in the dental area.
7. Guava Leaves
Freshly plucked guava leaves also help in alleviating toothache, all thanks to the anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antimicrobial properties that they have.
Method 1: Chew one or two tender guava leaves. Soon, the juice starts working on the affected tooth area. Raw spinach leaves can also be used in the very same way.
Method 2: If you are unable to chew guava leaves, you can also put four to five leaves in water and give it a boil. Let the solution cool to a warm temperature that your mouth can bear and add some salt to it. This can be used as an effective mouthwash.
8. Vanilla Extract
Another popular home remedy for treating toothache is vanilla. It not just helps in numbing the pain but also has a very calming effect.
- Dip a cotton ball in the vanilla extract that you can get from any store and dab it on the affected area.
- Keep repeating this until you get relief.
9. Wheat grass Juice
Popular as having several antibacterial properties, Wheat grass helps in fighting tooth decay and alleviating toothache. The juice of wheat grass is very rich in chlorophyll and hence, can be used as a mouthwash.
10. Ice Cubes
Ice helps in alleviating tooth pain as it numbs the nerve endings. It might be harmful to sensitive teeth and may do more harm than profit.
If these home remedies do not work, go to a dentist as your teeth might be needing more effective measures than just home remedies.
- Develop strong and sexy abs ! Start performing this exercise
- Fashion Street – Mumbai Tours and Travels ⋆ TREND LAVISH Open Time: 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM Cost: Free Fashion Street – Mumbai Tours and Travels Fashion Street, Overview Most recent patterns, an assortment of
- Jantar Mantar – Delhi Tours and Travels TREND LAVISH
- Strengthen your Obliques and develop killer abs with this exercise