10 Home remedies to get rid of brown spots on face
Dark spots, patches and other marks on the face may be due to excess secretion of melanin on the skin. But you do not need to worry. They can be lightened or eliminate black spots or dark patches quickly to restore a glowing facial complexion. Some factors that lead to these patches are over exposure to the sun, pregnancy, hormone imbalance, certain medications, lack of sleep, vitamin deficiencies and too much stress. Here are some best home remedies for brown spots on face-
Lemons is rich in vitamin C that lighten dark spots on your face. It is easy to apply.
- Use some fresh lemon juice directly on the affected skin area using a cotton ball.
- Wait for approx 15 minutes and then wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Continue this remedy for a month, and you will get a bright spot free skin.
Potatoes possess natural bleaching properties that help in the lightening of spots, scars as well as blemishes.
- Slice up a fresh potato.
- Put a thick slice directly on the black spots.
- Leave it ten minutes and then wash off your face with plain water.
Papaya consists of enzymes that help in evening out the skin tone and aid in fading black spots.
- Apply the raw pulp of a ripe papaya to the skin.
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes, then rinse it off.
- Repeat 3 or 4 times a week.
Buttermilk is also one of the remedies for the brown spots on your face. Like lemon juice, it also helps in fading of blemishes and black spots without any causing any burning sensation. The lactic acid in buttermilk gradually reduces the skin pigmentation and helps in brightening your overall skin complexion.
- Take four teaspoons of buttermilk.
- Add 2 teaspoons of fresh tomato juice.
- Mix the both the ingredients and apply directly on face.
- Wash it off after 15 minutes.
It is considered the best remedy for any sort of skin problems and is also a very food dark spot remover. Its gel possesses polysaccharides which help in stimulating the growth of new skin tissues that assist in reducing dark spots and healing scars.
- Extract fresh gel from aloe vera leaf.
- Apply it directly on your dark patches and black spots on the face.
- Keep massaging the affected area with your fingertips for about 5 minutes.
- Keep it for 15 min and then rinse your face.
- Practice once a day for best results
Turmeric is another most popular skin-lightening agent that can be used to get rid of black spots on your face. It helps in reducing skin pigmentation and discoloration. It is also effective for quickly removing sun spots and age spots.
- Use two teaspoons of turmeric in milk and lemon juice to form a thick paste.
- Apply it on the black spots and blemishes.
- Let it dry and then wash it off with regular water.
Almonds help in lightening your skin and reduce black spots on your face. It is rich in vitamin E, healthy fats and antioxidants that help in maintaining clear and flawless skin.
- Soak ten almonds in the milk overnight.
- Remove the skin and grind them to form a paste.
- Now, add one teaspoon sandalwood powder and half teaspoon honey in it.
- Mix them to make a fine paste.
- Apply the paste on face and neck areas and let it dry. Wash it off and moisturise your face.
Sandalwood is another useful option. The natural oils in it help in clearing black spots naturally.
- Use one tablespoon of sandalwood powder, three tablespoons of rose water and one tablespoon of glycerin. ( You can use milk or honey instead of rose water)
- Apply this paste to the affected skin area, and leave it on for a few minutes. Wash off the paste with regular water.
- Use this remedy regularly until your black spots vanish completely.
Onion juice is an effective remedy for dark spots on face.
- Use clean cotton to apply fresh onion juice directly on the infected skin area and allow it to dry naturally.
- Another option can be to mix one tablespoon of onion juice with two tablespoons of honey and apply on the brown spots for about 20 minutes. You can add some vinegar to the solution as well if you have oily skin.
Oatmeal powder is another good alternative for skin exfoliation. You can put on an oatmeal mask on your face to remove the black spots and dead skin.
- Grind a half cup of rolled oats.
- Add three teaspoons of lemon juice to it and make a paste.
- Scrub your skin with it and wash it off with warm water when it dries.
So try these simple home remedies to get a spot free skin and a glowing face.