How to get skinny?
If you are planning to go on a trip where u might need to show off your body in a bathing suit or you are desperate to fit into a bridesmaid dress, you might need to check out your body and shape. If you are aiming at permanent weight loss, the best option is to check your diet and exercise plan. However, if you are in a hurry, here are some tips to serve your purpose.
Reduce non-water drinks
One of the best ways to get rid of extra calories is to have just water in place of every other drink you have.
• Sodas, alcoholic beverages and sports drinks just add empty calories.
• Diet drinks also have negative effects on your weight. Studies show that diet soda leads to weight gain.
• Drink two glasses of water before your meal, and you will have less hunger to fill up your stomach to avoid overeating.
• Carry a water bottle with you wherever you go. It will help to keep you hydrated throughout the day without consuming any sugary drinks or sodas.
Reduce quantity of white grains and dairy products in your diet
By removing foods that cause bloating from your diet, you will look skinnier in no time.
• Carbohydrates lead to bloating around your stomach where it will be most visible.
• Simple carbohydrates are digested quickly and you feel hungry soon even after consuming plenty of calories.
• Dairy products will cause bloating if you are lactose allergic. If it is the case with you, switch to dairy substitutes. Nevertheless, if you do not have this allergy, milk will be a good constituent of your diet.
Consuming fibre in your diet will help you in feeling full sooner and for longer durations. It also helps in digesting the fat so that lesser quantities of it is absorbed into your body.
• Replace your breakfast of cereal with oatmeal or some fat-free yoghurt with flaxseed.
• Add fibre rich foods like dry beans, lentils and vegetables to your diet, instead of pasta.
Eat plenty of vegetables
Complex carbohydrates in vegetables take more time to digest as compared to the carbohydrates in bread and pizza.
• Vegetables also help in getting rid of excess water weight.
• Vegetables being high in volume with fewer calories, help you feel full earlier with the overall low-calorie intake.
If you want to lose weight, you will have to remove calories from your diet significantly.
• A reasonable caloric goal for each day is about 1,200-1,500 for steady weight loss.
• Even though you are cutting down your calorie intake, make sure that you are still getting the essential nutrients you need in your diet. Cut out foods that are low in nutrients (like junk food, sugary drinks, desserts, etc.) and fill your plate with fresh vegetables, fruits, and lean meats.
• Do not cut your calorie intake too severely. Else your body will move into starvation mode and start storing more fat.
Do cardio exercises
Cardio exercises that increase your heart rate are one of the best ways to lose calories and shed the pounds off.
• Choose a cardio exercise like swimming, biking, running or using the elliptical.
Do interval training
Interval training refers to the practice of alternating short duration very intense activities with regular intervals of activities of moderate intensity as you are working out. Interval training helps in burning more calories as you work out as compared to any other regular workout plan.
• Try to integrate interval training into your existing workout programs. For example, if you like to jog, insert short sprinting bursts at regular intervals into your workout.
• Interval training helps in improving cardiovascular fitness and will increase the body’s ability to burn fat.
Do push-ups and lunges
Doing a few sets of lunges and push-ups every day will help you in toning your muscles and will make you look skinnier till the end of the week.
• If you are planning to wear something that will reveal your upper body (a strapless dress or a bikini top), do more push-ups. They will make your arms and shoulders look more toned targeting your upper body.
• Else, if you are planning to wear something that will reveal your lower body (like skirt or shorts), doing lunges will firm up your thighs, hips and butts.
Take the stairs
Try incorporating as much exercise as you can in your daily life routine so that you can burn more calories and tone your muscles properly.
• Avoid taking lazy shortcuts. For example, if you are habitual of taking the elevator, start taking the stairs. Prefer walking to nearby places giving your vehicle some rest.
Follow these simple advises and you will start getting in shape very soon. Then it is up to you, whether you want to show off your body or slip into your skinny dresses.